OT First issue with our GrandAm GT...

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 10:03:08 EDT

My wife went up to my home town this past Friday night to pick up my
Grandmother for a week visit..

On her way home the car up and died on her about 150 miles from home. I'm
about half lit and I get phone call from someone I don't know and was going
tolet the asnwering machine get it, but decided to get it.. It was my wife
and someone was nice enough to stop and see if she needed help...

So 2 hours later me and my DAK are 150 miles from home checking out the car
and she had called my dad and got a ride to their house. So i get in there
and nothing no power etc.. battery was dead.. that wasn't the end of it..
got it jumped and drove it a few miles down the road and back, shut it off
and it wouldnt restart.. no charge in the batttery.

Seems the alternator had died(Delco factory). Went and picked up wife, kid
and grandmother went back and jumped it again... this time the lights were
good and bright(alternator was working again) and made it the 150 miles
home.

Got under the hood Sat. morning and had the alternator off and the batttery
out inside of 15 mins, what a piece of cake. I spent more time in Terre
Haute looking for an alternator then it took to take it out and put it in.

Anyway, I picked up a LifeTime warrantied alternator from Napa for $147
after taxes. Seems the bearings were shot and the brushes were toast.

My biggest thrill of that evening was the midnight run in my DAK hitting the
curves after having new shocks and brakes all around froma month ago.. she
handled the curvy roads and down hill turns with the best performance
handling wise that it has had in a long time...

Bill Day

billday@consolidated.net
AIM - BadManD73
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red