Re: The Tow Hook Saga Continues

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 01:25:45 EDT

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:21:25 -0400, kellykins@shaw.ca wrote:
>And I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who offered assistance to this
>mis-directed Dodge girl. Still nice to know Dodge had an option, since they are
>like the only manufacturer of 4x4s that doesn't include this hardware STOCK (oh
>wait, they do on the Rams now don't they...).

As sick as it is, that's actually not true. I haven't seen tow hooks
as stock items on any "compact" pickup (Ranger, S-10, Tacoma). Maybe
if you get the crazy stock offroad kit, but not everyone cares for
those. The full-size trucks usually do come with tow hooks, though.
You especially need 'em on those Ferds ;-)

What I can't believe is that it's taken this long for Ford and GM to
come up with the idea of dropping a V8 into something smaller than a
full-size truck. That was the absolute selling point for me.
Something that has a decent tow rating, still has a bed, and can fit
in the garage. As much as there are some things that bug me about my
truck, there wasn't (and still isn't) anything else that fit the bill.

-Bill