Gas Tank Update

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 19:09:55 EDT

Well I picked up the tank straps (2 quantity) for $37 bucks and dropped
the tank today. Dumped out 6 gal. of leprechaun dust -- I mean
contaminated fuel. I have it bottled up - want me to bring it out for
the bonfire Jon? LOL most of it is your gasoline anyway!

The fuel was most certainly contaminated. A healthy dose of sediment and
water still was on the bottom of the tank. This is probably what clogged
the fuel pump screen and the fuel filter. Something alarming was that
there was grit on the small wire mesh screen on the fuel pump itself. I
certainly hope the pump wasn't damaged.

I cleaned up the tank real good and bolted it back in place. Good thing
I replaced the tank straps - the old ones were deteriorating. I have to
replace the fuel lines as well, considering I discovered holes leaking
gasoline, in the metal lines. I greased the u-joints which prolly
needed it badly.

Christine should be running again by tonight. At which point I can
begin work on the transmission.

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/