RE: Neil's tow hooks

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 13:08:48 EDT

>1. the stretchy strap business is bogus . . or, the one I have is
>defective. It does not stretch, even a little.

What is the strap rated at?
I know the 27,000 lb one that i have does not stretch until i put some
serious force into it, and even then, it only stretches a little. But the
15,000 lb strap i have stretches more with less force. I think you have to
put a certain % of the breaking strength force on any strap before it starts
to stretch. Obviously in your case Neil, the kit stretched before the
strap. :)
Or, your strap could be crap.
(I made a funny...)

The Adam Blaster