Factory "RAZ" stereos. Anyone know anything about them?

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 20:59:58 EDT

Hi. Does anyone know if the FM tuner parameters are
internally adjusted,or are they done digitally with
the front panel/display like Pioneers? My Dak`s radio
is fine, but we have one just like it in the Jeep
(2000 JGC),and the stereo/mono blend and treble-cut
circuit is way too sensitive. In other words,the only
time you can get a crisp stereo signal is when you`re
within 10-15 miles of the transmitter. Otherwise,it
blends to mono,and there is no high end at all. The
tuner works OK,it does pick up distant stations,but
only nearby stations sound good! Like I said,my Dak`s
stereo is identical,and it takes a much weaker,more
distant signal in the truck before the noise reduction
circuitry takes over. Should be an adjustment
somewhere. Or a schematic would be great! This is on
the Chrysler RAZ stereos (CD and cassette). Thanks.
 Steve P.