Re: Re: H2 Video

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 23:15:13 EDT

"Punch" <crash2000@sympatico.ca> wrote:
: I think their is a serious design flaw, because just yesterday I saw a movie
: of some teens with their parents hummer, the got off the paved road and hit
: a culvert about 6" high and the wheel/axle broke just like that one did.

   This is a fairly amusing development. :-) When the H2 first
came out, of course most folks called it a yuppiemobile, a
travesty, sullying the name of the true Hummer, its just a
gussied-up suburban, etc. Then, magazines started testing it,
some of them actual, hard-core offroading magazines, not just
Car & Driver or Truck Trend, and we heard all these reports and
read the articles about how this is actually a very capable
off-road machine. Certainly not original Hummer capable, but
it seemed to be able to hold its own against the current SUVs
and pickups on the road (err, off the road, rather.) NOW we
start hearing about all this off-road breakage.

  This vehicle really needs to make up its mind about what
it is. ;-)

   I guess I'll have to do some mental re-filing and move it
from the "worthy of some respect" category back into the
"posermobile" slot. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'