Plugs

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 01:11:14 EDT

> I think the reason not using the platinum plugs on the 4.7L & 3.7L is the
> coil over the plug doesn't like them! You might blow out one of the coils.
> Not so much the proformece of the plug itself.
>
>There is nothing about the design of a platinum plug that would cause coils
>burn out. The only reason to use a platium plug is to be able to extend the
>interval for plug changes. Many vehicles come from the factory these days
with
>them just for this reason.
>
>Dave Clement
>99 SLT+ CC 4x4

 If my old memory is still up to par, Think it has something to do with the
impedance of the platinum plug vs. the coil over.

Speaking of plugs, I installed a fresh set of AutoLite 3923s {gapped at 40}
& cleaned the TB today. Mr. Butt Dyno says thanks! What a PIA its to change
the plugs in the 4.7L! But I still love the 4.7L!

--
Don Mallett