'98 5.2 HP PCM, Attn: Bill L.

From: Bill Leary (wleary@nc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 17:25:08 EDT

 That's great. Thanks for the help. I replaced my stock muffler with a
FlowMaster Single in/Duel Out and have been getting alot of popping and
back firing' since. An append from a year or two ago showed a guy who
replaced his PCM to fix this as per the Dodge DM. I'm trying to find out if
this really fixed the problem or not. Word is, Dodge reprogrammed the PCM
in either 99 or 2000 to change the 'rough idel' fuel flow or some other
parameter to fix this.

Another DML member said it was because the FlowMaster muffler is a chambered
muffer, and that was causing it. I don't know enough at this point to say
for sure which is right , so I'm trying to learn as much as I can from the
discussions going back and forth. I'm hoping these guys in Georgia will
have heard of this problem and know of a fix.

Anyway, thanks got the input. I'll call these guys Monday.

Bill L.