Re: Switching to Synthetic Oil

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 17:17:20 EDT

I'v always heard to wait until the first 3k mile oil change. Supposedly
this helps the motor break in more thoroughly. I'm not so sure how much I
buy into that. Anyone offer any documentation on the subject, such as
compression numbers etc when breaking in a new motor with synth vs dino?

>From: "Jason A Banta" <jason.banta@louisville.edu>
>To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>Subject: DML: Switching to Synthetic Oil
>Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:45:41 -0400
>

>Just bought my wife a new Jeep and want to switch to synthetic. Is
>there a recommended point when to switch, or is it just as soon as
>possible?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jason

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more. Sign up now!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa