RE: RE: SRT-10 is here!

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 02:12:33 EDT

Don't know where you got your numbers Bernd, but you might want to look in
the MP Chassis book for something more realistic. Using their weight to
power ( W/P ) ratio a vehicle weighing 5200 lbs would require about 852 HP
to run 130 in the quarter. Considering the aerodynamics of a truck, I'd say
it would need to make even more.

Giving you the benefit of a doubt, it appears someone's blowing smoke your
way if they're saying they have a naturally aspirated, Viper powered, 5200
lb Ram running 130 in the quarter. Even Hennessey Performance's site
doesn't list any "additions" without turbos making enough power to do that.
Oh, and run the W/P ratios against their Venom 650 R performance. Comes out
pretty close using 3400 lbs weight for a Viper SRT-10.

RayB