Re: Slipping LSD

From: Rob S (robert_schultz@yahoo.com.remove.this)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 20:14:13 EDT

BARRY OLIVER wrote:
> Wow, I have my Dak @ the dealer (different one) right now, and the
> mechanic said as bad as my diff was tore up, he was surprised I was abe
> to drive it to the shop. He said it looked like the dealer last time
> had sent me out with no fluid at all, and then had added the wrong stuff
> when I brought it back... UGLY!!!

> The dealer just did mine a few weeks ago under the extended warranty
> (at 60,000 miles of my 100,000 mile warranty). They said they've done a
> couple.
> One was actually broken and mine was just worn parts....

When mine went in they asked me if the fluid had ever been changed, and
I said 'Yes...'

And they asked who. I said 'You guys...'

And they said that they may ahve forgotten the additive. So maybe as a
riminder everyone should specifically ask if the additive was was added
whent he fluids changed. Can you tell it's an LSD from the casing?

Rob S