RE: Trans Shuddering at 167,000 help please??

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 21:44:13 EDT

Gary...with that many miles on your transmission...i'll bet that the
direct drum seal is also failing. This is also a known problem with the
Chrysler truck transmissions which can cause similar symptoms. Only way
to fix that is with a rebuild.

For those thinking about having an aftermarket trans company rebuild
your transmission...make darn sure that they don't use the factory seal
on the direct drum. That's just asking for problems. Only the
aftermarket seal will work properly and won't leak (and I ain't gonna
say which one though - there's three of them).

Give me a shout offline and we'll go through all the symptoms and
possible solutions/checks before tearing into the trans.

- Bernd