Re: Tires without getting ripped off in So. Cal.

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 16:04:12 EDT

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:17:59 -0400, dkramarsky68@yahoo.com (Dan
Kramarsky) wrote:

>Anyone know where to go in Southern California for truck tires?
>I'm looking for a road tire like 235/75R15 and was hoping to
>pay $75 dollars or less a tire out the door

That pricing doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to find, assuming you
aren't looking for any kind of super performance tire (or a price
controlled tire like BFGoodrich). If your main concern is the price,
you might just check your local Costco. Take a look into the shop,
though, before you decide. Some Costcos are pretty good, others are
not so good. You can tell just by taking a look at what's going on
and what the people who work there are doing.

Other than that, my next best suggestion would be for you to drive all
the way up here (Petaluma/Santa Rosa area) where I'm sure I could find
you a deal that good :-)

-Bill