stereo problem

From: MyMunyPit@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 09:32:25 EDT

I have a 1994 dodge dakota with a alpine head unit v12 amps and a JL audio
10w 6 sub. The system has been in the truck for about 4 years. I dont drive the
truck alot, it is custom so it sets alot of the time. I went to drive it and I
am getting a distortion in the speaker. Like a loss of power in the mids and
tweeter. I started to troubleshoot the problem and found that when the truck
is not running it plays fine. I have check the ground wires and clean them all
and I still am having this problem. I upgrade the Alternator from an 80 amp to
a 120 amp this did not sove the problem and now when I hit the gas pedal the
sound form the speaker quit like it sucking the power from the system. Has
anyone ever had a problem like this.