RE: Daktoberfest caravan

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 12:47:25 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net On Behalf Of andy levy
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 10:38 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: Daktoberfest caravan

Neil, Mike, Anne, and whoever else....interested in caravaning to
Daktoberfest on Saturday morning? I'll be launching from Farmington so
we can get an early start if you want. Maybe meet @ Tim Horton's?

It looks like I won't be there this year.
I have an offer from my wife to spend the weekend in DC. She's attending a
meeting there from Friday through Sunday and I could spend my time at the
Smithsonian. I haven't been there in many years.

Second reason: Tromping around in the woods or in the creek bed in July with
shorts, tee shirts, and water shoes is great fun. Even if the temps are in
the mid sixties, it's not uncomfortable.

The end of October is not so hospitable. If I could count on weather like
the past weekend, that would be great but . . . the likelihood of temps in
the forties with rain or (gasp) snow flurries, brings my "shiver factor"
to the forefront. Plus, every hour on the trail requires two hours with a
hose after returning home. Going around the truck with the power washer
three times and then crawling underneath with the hose in the middle of the
front lawn in order to get all of the crannies can get pretty brutal in cold
weather. I really don't want to go into the salt season with a lot of clay
packed into all the recesses.

Next year's BBQ is likely to be the next event I attend.