Re: RE: RE: RE: changed my shocks just now!

From: Chris Reck (creck@insightbb.com)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 21:37:59 EDT

I have the same problem with my 99 Dak 4x4. What I did was take the lower
bolts back off, and put one layer of electrical tape around the non-thread
part of the bolt.

What this did made the shock sit ever tighter on the bolt. There was a bit
of play in the bolt when I put it through the shock bolt initially.

I re-tightened everything back up and never had a problem since. It's been
about 2000 miles and after hauling an enclosed 5x8 trailer.

Chris Reck
Bloomington, IL

'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 (Deep Amethyst)
Shaved and polished V8 TB, Autolite 3923, 7.5mm Bosch plug wires, Custom K&N
6x9 air intake,
Jet Stage 1 Chip, Rancho RSX shocks, Pioneer full audio system, BF Goodrich
32x11.5r15 T/A KO tires

""Tim Althoff"" <talthoff@yllwdkta.com> wrote in message

> I know everybody loves the craftsmen tools, but does anybody have any
ideas on the rear shocks making a clunking noise

> <snip> (my post bellw)
>
> now I do have a few questions. I do have some noise coming from the rear.
> It's kind of a clunky noise. it happens even when I pull into the garage,
> with the height difference. I have one question for you guys with the kyb
> shocks. does the boot cover end go towards the top or the bottom? have
any
> ideas as to why the noise is occurring?
> <snip>
>

> Tim Althoff