Help! Sway bar link problem

From: Alex Ross (blackdak@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 19:48:34 EDT

I replaced my worn factory sway bar links this weekend with some new links I
bought at NAPA. I immediately noticed when I opened the package that the new
links had a much, much smaller washer for the bushings on the upper part of
the link to rest on. Unfortunately, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and
installed them anyway. Well, my front end now clunks worse than it did
before thanks to the bushings sliding down the link and leaving the sway bar
loose on the link. Was I supposed to transfer the washer from the factory
link to the new one? It appeared like it was all one piece or welded on.
Unfortunately, I'll never know because I threw them out and the trash
collection came this morning. Doh!! Anybody have some used links that are
still in good shape that they would be willing to sell me?? The dealer wants
$70 for new links (NAPA was only $35).

Alex
97 Sport V8 5spd