Re: SRT-10 Pics

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 11:39:20 EDT

"Ed McCarrick" <edmccarrick@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Yeah, my clutch still seems in good shape (knock on
> wood) at almost 60k. That's with me chirp'n tires
> every now and then :-P
>
> Ed
> '00 QC 4.7 4x4 5 speed manny

Most of my wear came from high rpm shifts, not from starting or normal
shifting. The slippage that comes from "speed shifting" is what gets you
usually. If you look at the disc, you can usually tell where the wear came
from, as a person who rides the clutch will end up burnishing the disc,
whereas mine had a bunch of little chunks missing...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L