Re: SRT-10 Pics

From: John (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 17:58:45 EDT

I always downshift instead of braking when possible. The truck was my daily
driver and I did not baby it at all. I used it to haul more than it was
supposed to, speed shifted, down shifted, peeled out and just about
everything else you aren't supposed to do to a vehicle if you want it to
last. The only thing I didn't do, ever, was ride the clutch.

John

<snip>
That's pretty impressive. The most I've ever gotten is 80k, and that's out
of a sports car that was raced heavily... not too shabby if i say so myself.
I also downshift to spread the wear between the brakes and clutch, it's just
the way I was taught...it wears clutch a little faster that way though...
<unsnip>