level sticks in 4-LO

From: Ethan Schwartz (ethan@ethanschwartz.com)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 21:35:03 EDT

Is there some trick to getting in/out of 4-LO?

Going in was ok, although it kinda caught a bit, sounded like putting it
in 1st w/o the clutch all the way down...

But getting out was a bear... the level wouldn't budge... finally I shut
the engine off, and after a minute or so I was able to take it out.

I have an automatic and I was in Neutral...

Once it was in 4-HI and 4-LO it did just fine and felt normal...

A friend has a 98 w/ 5.2 in his family and they have the same trouble
getting out of 4-LO...