Daktoberfest

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 22:21:24 EDT

so Tom was demanding things like pictures and stuff.

well, shenanigans:

the pit tried to suck Mike to China. I stopped almost as soon as I got in, and when I tried to work my way through, the passenger (aka air intake) side just *sank* the water line was about a foot up the passenger side door, and I got a bit of water in the cab through the hole for the antenna wire. After plenty of spinning I got back out.

Ed got stuck in mud lane trying to get to the bypass. Mike ended up using Jon's t-hooks (no front tow points!) to yank him onto the bypass.

Mike headed up the upper waterfall without any trouble, but as expected the down trip was far more exciting. he sliced his left front tire sidewall on the ledge above the waterfall when lining up for the decent. on went the Goodluck spare, and then the hairy trip down (the driveable ledge is just barely wide enough for the truck's stance). all ended well, but *damn* is that steel wheel ugly as hell....

of course there were all my works shenanigans yesterday too. they all went well, but adaptors and NPT pipe sizes SUCK.

I think that's all..... something like it.
I'll throw pictures up when I get home.

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
I have a Dakota. w00t!