Need a little help from all you DML'ers

From: Ray Irons (rirons@doverde.net)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 12:45:01 EST

        Hi All!

Well, I have some unexpected time off on my hands. Seems one of our
suppliers at work decided to go on strike and they shut down our plant. I
didn't get a chance to suspend my DML subscription at work before I left so,
since I miss all ya'll so much, I decided to subscribe from here at home
while I'm off work. Now for the big news. Thanks to the DML and PA member,
Mike Styer, I'm the proud new owner of a second Dak! That's right, I bought
Mike's 93 Dak CC. Being a single Dad with a teenage daughter at home and
having my sons (age 6 and 8) visit on the weekends I needed something bigger
then my 98 RC. Mike made me a great deal and I couldn't pass it up. On the
down side, the truck needs a few repairs and a part here and there. This is
where I can use some help from ya'll. I going to check Ebay and I have
checked my local salvage yards but I need a replacement grille. Seems a deer
jumped out in front of Mike a while ago. Didn't do any more then some
cosmetic damage; bumper and grille. Mike had a replacement bumper for the
truck, which I already have installed. I was wondering if anyone out there
has a second grill for a gen II they might want to part with. I know some of
you have done some serious customizing and might have a stock grille lying
around someplace. Painted or chrome, doesn't matter. This truck is only
going to be my weekend driver and work truck for my side lawn care business.

Now for my next question. Mike has an electric fan installed in this thing
and I wanted to know from anyone that is running an electric fan what
amperage fuse you have installed in the power line. There was a 25 amp fuse
in the line but it was old and it blew. I replaced it with a 15 amp fuse and
popped even faster. I haven't put a new 25 amp fuse in there yet. I have
thought about going to a 30 amp fuse but I'm concerned about possibly
overheating the wiring. I have checked some newer vehicles with electric
fans and some of them run up to a 50 amp fuse.

Well that's about all for now, I think I'm gonna go try to get some little
things done. I'm starting to think I should start my own website so I can
post some pictures of the trucks.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE