rims and tires

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 12:58:10 EST

so I'll assume you all now know my weekend tire story.... I figured
out what made it pop so easily - I had a gash though the outermost
layer of rubber on that tire from having hit a curb wrong. It'd been
there for about a month, but I just thought of it yesterday as the
cause...

anyway, this leaves me with 3 half-used tires that are a bit smaller
than I'd like on rims I'm not a big fan of, and one very-close-in-size
bald-assed POS on an ugly-as-a-newborn-rat rim.

the cheap way out that I've figured is two new Yokos (paired to keep
wear even), and I'll throw them on the rear for the winter, and then
I'll have a really matching spare (the worst of the original three).

I think I'm too hard up for money to do what I'd like, but I'll ask my
questions anyway. so, what I'm looking for is this:

- does anyone have or know of an available 15x7 alloy in any condition
that still holds air, so I can get rid of that stupid steel thing?

- would anyone be interested in four mildly mangled 15x7 rims (one is
well-curbed, other three just have minor scuffs) and/or 3 good
condition, 40% used 30x9.5 Geolandar A/Ts? I think $50 for each piece
($40 for the curbed rim) would be a good asking price...

- where could I find dodge 16x8s on the cheap? and how cheap is cheap?
  $350 seems to be the asking price on ebay, + ~$80 ship, but some are
markedly cheaper.... I'm not interested in something that's beat to
hell, though, and that's what most of the cheaper ones are.

- I'm really only asking this to amuse myself since I know the price
side will be just a wee bit high, but are those black Motorsports rims
able to be had anymore?

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech