Re: Ball joint info

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 17:48:11 EST

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:19:58 -0500, Aajaynefour@cs.com wrote:
>Gentlemen and Lady(s),
>
>I feel obliged to chime in on the ball joint issue. I have just recently
>purchased a set of four ball joints from Rock Auto for my 2000 4x4. The uppers
>are p/n K7242 from Moog (Federal Mogul) and the lowers are p/n K7267 for the
>'97 through '99's. I just got off the phone with the Moog tech line and was
>informed that the 2000 and up p/n are: K7392 for the uppers and K7395 for the
>lowers. They also informed me that these parts have not been released yet but
>that they will be released by the end of this month. I also learned in my
>conversation with them that they have pushed back the release date twice already
>from June to September and from September to October. We'll see if they get
>released in the next couple of days. Who knows?
>
>The Moog people advised against using the '97 -'99 parts on '00 and up
>models. I know that there are some out there who have done this and based on this,

I think I'll hold off, then, until Moog releases the ones that they
say are correct. Hopefully it won't take any retailers a billion
years to start carrying them once they're released. Seems like they'd
be in pretty decent demand..

Josh, where'd you get your Dana joints? Are they the same size and
whatnot or did they require modification to get them to fit correctly?
If they make them to fit 2000+ 4x4s, that definitely sounds like the
way for me to go... I like lifetime warranties, particularly when they
come from trustworthy companies with solid products like Dana.

-Bill