Re: thing

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 13:37:00 EST

"Chris Orr" <chris@manual-override.net> wrote in message

> Hey,
>
> In the picture at
> http://www.dakota-durango.com/photos/photopage/robbins4.jpg
> There is a metal bar sticking out. What is that? Ive seen it on
> other cars and trucks. I assume it firms up the suspension?
>
> Thanks,
> -chris

Traction bars. They act to help stop the springs from turning into an
"s-shape" at hard launches when the pinion climbs the ring gear in the
differential. I've got them on my truck too, but they're chrome and more
for the looks than functionality.

With the stock springs on they did help to firm up the ride and eliminate
bouncing on the highway. Check my website for pics of the truck.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L