Re: rims and tires

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 16:26:34 EST

Michael Maskalans said:

> also, last call for any interest in my 4 15*7 alloys or 3 60% remaining
> Geolandars....

Hmmm... damn you... How much do you want for them? :-)

I probably shouldn't be spending money on this sort of thing, but for
years I've been toying with the idea of going with the 15x7" rims for my
'95. I have a couple of ideas for them, one of which is to get a bit
wider mud tire on there. Maybe a brand I can drive on pavement with (the
Swampers are too soft for that sort of thing). Of course, to feel
comfortable with the 31s I want, I'd want to get a body lift. Then I'd
want to get a winch bumper, because the stock bumper wouldn't line up any
more. (See how these things go? :-)

I do need to do something about my tires, as well. I have one with a
sidewall bulge in it that the tire shop says is road hazard damage, and
since I didn't spring for the road hazard warranty, I'm out of luck. They
also told me it was unsafe (in the context of trying to sell me a new
matched set of tires), so I've been running my spare for a few months now.

I can't think of a great solution on the tires, though. Mine are
235/75R15, which I know is pretty close to the 30x9.5 Yokos. Guess I
could put two of one brand on the rear and two of the other brand on the
front... still sounds kinda weird.

If nobody else wants them, let me know. I'll have to think about it some
more.

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer