Re: Video: Interstate Punch from 45 to 105...

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2003 - 23:19:57 EST

""Bernd D. Ratsch"" <bernd@texas.net> wrote in message

> Yes...he does. Highly recommend the Racing Master Kit and (at minimum)
the
> upgraded ratio Shift Lever, "No-Flip Rear Servo", and Aluminum
accumulator.

> He's open 7-days a week: http://www.apsprecision.com
>
> - Bernd

What's the cost of a rebuild kit with these "gotta haves" versus just
purchasing an entire unit pre built from APS?? What I'm asking is if the
inconvienence of having to do the work myself is worth the extra dollars
saved and will the finished unit (either way) be up to the *SEVERE* beating
that's toasted just about 2 transmissions already (at about 35k miles each)?
I'm not into drag racing persay, but I do beat the truck on an SCCA road
course just about every weekend...

Also, have any other V6 owners on the list purchased transmissions from APS?
I've heard the V8 guys talk about them, but no V6'ers.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L