Re: Granny Driving??..I Dont Think So Josh

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 10:00:18 EST

"digger" <dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Josh...i treat my Dakota with respect.I will NOT give
> up this truck.I plan to drive it till i pass away.Too
> many people on the DML beat the puddin out of their
> truck,and then bitch like hell when it fails.

I beat the snot out of my truck and complain when it fails...but I expect
just about all the abnormal wear that I get because of the abuse I put it
through. However, some of the items that I've had fail should not have
failed in my opinion. Like ball joints and transmissions. # full sets of
balljoints in 53k miles and a transmission at 35k miles. It's looking like
I'm gonna have to do another trans as well...

Now I used to drive a 91 Mustang GT (started with an auto trans) and I
lowered it and beat the snot out of that too...i never went thru any
suspension parts but i did go thru a few transmissions once I put the
vortech on there... before that I didn't toast any.

> Until i got divorced 3 months ago,my dakota QC has
> seen trips to Michigan,North Dakota,and a lot of
> highway miles & in-town too.I change my Mobil 1 oil %
> filter every 3500-4000 miles.And i do preventative
> maintenance too.Anyone who has ever met me,will tell
> you the same..

I do a LOT of preventative maintenence, some would say that I over maintain
my vehicles. I realize that I beat the snot out of it and try to compensate
accordingly.

> How many miles do you have on yours now???

I've got just about 53,000 miles on it now.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L