Re: Drivetrain fluids?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 14:00:16 EST

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 23:02:30 -0500, bernd@texas.net ("Bernd D.
Ratsch") wrote:

>So that's why Redline sells the Friction Modified additive?
>
>(And I quote: "For perfect traction, use Redline 75W90NS and add this
>product until the chatter disappears." - On the back of the Redline Limited
>Slip Friction Modifier additive bottle.)

"DIFFERENTIAL FRICTION MODIFIER & BREAK-IN ADDITIVE
is a friction modifier designed to reduce limited-slip noise and to
aid the proper break-in of any differential. This can be added to any
gear oil to reduce temperature during break-in and prevent gear
softening. Replaces manufacturers' limited-slip additives. Can be used
to perfectly tune a limited-slip unit. Red Line 75W90 and 80W140 Gear
Oils already contain this additive."

On the back of my bottles of 75W90, it says that the additive already
mixed in is sufficient for "almost all" applications.

By the way, does anyone with a 2000+ FSM (or just a lot of knowledge)
know what the fluid capacity is on the 205mm diff?

-Bill