Re: Window tint

From: Craig Rash (2kdaksport@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 09:53:48 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Kitts" <cwkitts@comcast.net>
Subject: DML: Window tint

> I have tried 4 times to install window tint on my dak. I hate that stuff.
> Can do it to save my as$. Can anyone do this crap. Close to Elkton Md.,
> ofcourse. I'll pay ya!!!
>
> Curt

It took me 3 times to get it looking decent. And even then it wasn't
perfect. It was still cheaper than getting it done professionally.

I'm in Elkton but I don't think I would be much more successful than you.
A few pointers..
* Cut the film BIG. All three times I cut the film too small. On the
third time it was tolerable but still too small. I got fed up and said "good
enough". nobody notices but me so I live with it.
* Use LOTS of solution. If you don't keep the film very wet it gets
diffucult to work with.
* Try to find an indoor location. Even the slightest breeze will frustrate
your efforts.
* Very sharp razor for trimming

I feel your pain. If you need to ask me any other questions, maybe we can
connect.

Craig Rash
Black 2000 Sport CC 4x2
3.9 w/FABM