Re: Time for Exhaust....

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 17:37:11 EST

Josh Battles said:

> Anyway, I'm thinking of going with a Gibson swept side setup. The problem
> is that I have a V6 and the exhaust tube is of the 3" variety and I'm
> afraid
> that I'll lose a bunch of low end TQ. Does anyone have any experience
> with
> this exhaust on a V6, and if so did you lose any low end TQ after you put
> it on? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

FWIW, I didn't lose any low end when I went with a Dynomax cat-back on my
V6. It actually seemed to improve slightly. I know the Dynomax isn't 3"
diameter, but it is larger than stock. (I think it's 2 3/4", but I'd have
to check.)

Now, you know me... I'm no speed demon. I usually just let the engine
idle me around parking lots, on the trail, etc. My thinking is that if
I'm above 2k RPMs on a 4x4 trail, I'm probably about to get stuck :-).
Nobody would be less tolerant of losing low-end than I would be, so if I'm
happy with it, you know it's okay. (I *do* lose low-end when I put my
open element air filter on, despite people telling me that this won't
happen, but the resistance to water ingestion is worth it.)

My theory is that there's enough restriction in the cat that as long as
that thing's on there, whatever you do after it (within reason) probably
won't make a huge difference. But I'm not an expert, so like I said, take
that for whatever it's worth.

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer