(no subject)

From: m_styer@go.com
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 22:13:24 EST

)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:13:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Mike Styer <m_styer@go.com>
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: best solution for bed storage...

I saw a truck at the Bloomsburg show this year, same bed setup as you, and he mounted a couple of heavy duty drawer sliders (like on a mechanics tool chest) on the floor of his bed, with attachments on a box that was narrow enough to fit between the wheel wells. When he want the box, he tugged a cord that release the latch and pulled the box to the back of the bed and over the tail gate. He could remove the box from the rails anytime he needed to haul anything larger.

There is a company that makes a sliding tray on those sliders, if I can remember the name of the company, I'll let you know. I do remember they ran about $800 though. The guy at the truck show said everything cost him about $30 (not including the tool box).

Mike S.
93 Dak (RIP-sold to DML member)
96 Ram (trying to get the trans rebuilt properly)