Re: Mac vs PC sorry no dak

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 23:21:04 EST

I just bought an 1ghz e-mac tonight to replace my AMD craplon 1800!! Had it
up, running, and all my files transfered in 30 minutes. PANTHER KICKS A$$!!
It's a very sleek and robust version of OS X.

Can a windows system be this easy?? It could, but then it wouldnt be a
microsoft product!!

P.S. Can anyone help me set up a TCP/IP port for my Xerox printer??

--
Gary Hedlin
President

Gary's Wisdom- #27

-You know the world is comming to an end when wrestlers and body builders run entire states.....What's next, is Bush sending Sgt. Slaughter in to get Osama?? <Pukeloser@aol.com> wrote in message news:91.353b6cbf.2cd9bd00@aol.com... > > Well I gotta say I was a PC guy for years, but my job for the last ten years > has been dealing with file, programs and systems for both pc and mac and I am > now a solid mac fan. I own a pc at home only because I cannot yet afford a G5 > (til jan). If you look at the specs, the mac processors are fast er in almost > every industry standard test and that is not even mentioning that the mac > proccessors are usually lower power (for example they might test a dual 2Ghtz mac > against a dual 2.4Ghtz xenon and the mac still wins). And when it comes to > operating system stability the macs win hands down. > Microsoft is such crap that it has made my work life hell. We have > gone to the extent of telling our customers that if they bring there files in a > microsoft native format, we cannot guarantee it will work and we will charge > them extra to handle it. As far as system admin, the perception is different > because pc's have dominated the market because of price so there is less > available "stuff" to deal with macs. just because its cheaper does not mean it is > better, usually its the opposite. I can only point to the US military which > decided a couple years ago to switch all its ancillary systems over to mac as their > computers came off lease (or were up for replacement) because of security > concerns. Of course both system pale in comparision to the true supercomputer > systems like the water-cooled cray systems that the important parts of the > government and banking systems use. > Dont mean to start a fight here, but if you had to deal with microsift > files from all differnet program versions and op system versions day in and > day out, you too would realize that Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ. > > John S > > PS do your local printer a favor and get hip to Adobe products, at the very > least use Adobe Acrobat (program of the gods)