Re: Mac vs PC sorry no dak

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 00:33:10 EST

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:37:39 -0500, blkwidow1@primary.net ("Jon N.
Benignus") wrote:

>on 11/4/03 8:40 PM, Pukeloser@aol.com at Pukeloser@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Well I gotta say I was a PC guy for years, but my job for the last ten years
>> has been dealing with file, programs and systems for both pc and mac and I am
>> now a solid mac fan.
>

>The Mac IS a PC!!!

Yep, pretty much. The hardware (other than the CPU) isn't much
different at all these days... except for a pretty case. IMO, SCSI is
still much more reliable and durable for a high-end machine.

I used to think fairly highly of the Mac .. until they started to
switch things over to PC-style hardware (obviously because of cost
considerations). They've started to get a bit more of my support
again, though, because OSX is very cool.

I'll just never be able to use and love a Mac like I love the PC
because a.) I'd miss out on the fun of "building my own" and b.) I
don't have enough Mac parts laying around...and I have too much
invested in my stash of PC parts to give it up.

What *does* make me happy is the move (albeit a slow one) towards a
greater number of cross-platform applications that are capable of
exchanging data with one another. The bottom line is that there will
always be different platforms, which is why I view the move towards
total portability as a very good thing.

By the way, WTF was apple thinking when they designed that ridiculous
round mouse? Can anyone actually use one of those things? It's a
good thing I know the keyboard shortcuts or I'd have instant carpal
tunnel syndrome from using one of those things.

-Bill
(too many computers to list)