Re: Re: Re: keyless / remote start

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 10:46:03 EST

Well, since we're already talking about alarms/keyless entry/etc... I
figured I'd chime in and pose a question.

I've been thinking of putting an alarm on my truck (because let's face it, a
dak is a very desireable truck) but since I don't have power locks it's kind
of a moot point unless i added them in. So.... I am thinking of adding in
power locks so that they'd be actuated ONLY by the alarm. This way I
wouldn't have any switches or anything inside the truck to operate them.
I'm really not too keen on cutting into my doorpanels, and besides it's only
2 doors to lock so I don't really see a need for the switch anyway.

Can anyone recommend a good power lock kit to accomplish this goal? Has
anyone else ever done this? Any ideas, experiences, or tips would be
appreciated. Thanks guys!

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

<ethan@ethanschwartz.com> wrote in message news:bodpm9$e6u$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > Thanks for the advice everyone, > > I think I will try out the Bulldog system... it seems fairly straight forward > to install, and there is a T harness available (I'll try it out...) > > I like the idea that I can configure it as I want, I want a horn-honk rather > then the cheesy "multitone" siren that usually comes with it... > > The trunk output is also basically a relay that clicks on whenever that button > is hit, and stays on until it's released... seems like there are lots of > possibilities there (hmm... lacucaracha horn, or maybe turn the truck into a > giant flashlight?) > > I have a couple of digital cameras available, so I'll be sure to heavily > document the install... > > In article <A3C190AA-105F-11D8-A845-00039303ECDC@tepidcola.com>, > mike-lists@tepidcola.com (Michael Maskalans) writes: > > > > > > > > On Thursday, November 6, 2003, at 09:03 AM, Bill Day wrote: > > > > > Like I said, with the aid of the remote start manufacturer, I spent an > > > hour > > > under my dash. 15 more minutes to put it together again. > > > > > > http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/ top menu across the screen and choose > > > vehicle wiring diagrams. Select the make then the drop down list has > > > the > > > different years. Print the list take it to the truck. > > > > I put a remote starter/ locks/ trunk release on my mom's Taurus from > > Bulldog. with the wiring codes, it's a piece of cake. the hardest > > part was making it looks pseudo-neat and finding room in that cramped > > footwell for the stack of I think 6 relays it took. > > > > it was probably a 2-3 hour job, first time I was ever under the dash in > > that car. and it was in a kinda heated and pretty cramped garage in > > January in Minnesota <g> > > > > I could get one in my Dak in under an hour (far better access, and I'm > > intimate with the under side of that dash...), and when I'm not parking > > a quarter mile from where I sleep I probably will. > > > > Bulldog is damn cheap too. and it hasn't given any trouble in almost 2 > > years. > > > > the model she got has a tempt sensor, too - allows you to have the car > > start and run for X minutes when the interior temp gets below > > 40/30/20/10/0вк. remember to deactivate that in the attached garage > > though =) (which is real simple to do - park everywhere normally and > > have it start when it gets cold. park in the garage with the hood > > release popped - they provide a cutout switch to install so it won't > > start with the hood up) > > > > overall I was impressed with the setup, and she still loves it. I like > > it when I steal the car too, if for no reason other than gimmic value > > ;-) > > -- > > Michael Maskalans '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318 > > details here: <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/> > > mobile.612.618.4652 campus.585.274.2246 fax.954.697.0487 > >