Re: Dakota Dually on Ebay

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 10:55:09 EST

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message
news:bodq0q$e82$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> That's true, just about anything is possible if you throw
> enough cash at it. :-) Have you seen the pics of the Banks
> Sidewinder Dak though? Half of the motor is under the cowl!
> There was some serious firewall work done there. I'm not
> sure I would want to be the guy who actually has to service
> that engine! :-)
>
> --
> -Jon-

True... But then again, if you're planning that serious of a transplant I'm
sure that serviceability isn't really your primary concern - I know it
wouldn't be one of mine. If I was going to do it, I'd be more concerned
with the performance aspect. I mean, who's gonna do that much work just to
be able to say "i did it just for towing" and not "i did it because it's
fast." I know I'd certainly be part of the latter crowd, and everyone who
builds performance vehicles knows that they are gonna require more
maintenence. Not to forget, if you've got those dollars you're not too
worried about paying someone to do the maintenence anyway.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L