Re: Blackstone Labs

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 13:19:30 EST

"Wayne Allewelt" <wallewelt@mai-aec.com> wrote:

: Barry or anyone else for that matter.

: I've heard you mention oil testing by Blackstone several times over the past
: months. Now that you have gotten me curious enough I have a few questions.

: 1. How do you get in touch with them?

: 2. Do they have a website?

  Yep, they are at http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

: 3. How do you send them your samples? I've become very interested in the
: possibility of having my oil checked out on my Dak and another vehicle I
: own.

   Essentially what you do is fill out a form on their web
site, they send you a bottle and a card to fill out, you
mail the sample back to them along with a check and they mail
you back the report.

: 4. What does it typically cost to do something like this?

  $20 per sample, or you can "pre-order" your samples (buy
them in advance) which costs $14-17, depending on how many
you buy. At one point, they were giving us a DML discount,
but their prices have changed since then, I don't know if it
is still in effect or not. It wouldn't hurt to ask though,
let us know what they say. :-)

  Speaking of pre-ordering, how many DMLers use the service
on a regular basis? I wonder if it would be worthwhile to
get a bunch of people together to pre-order a bunch and save
some money?

  I've done a few samples with them, but I've been a bit remiss
these past few years. I've been meaning to test on a more
regular basis. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'