Re: Oil filters; $2 Generic vs $10 Premium

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 16:23:58 EST

I was looking at the super-tech filters and the stampings on the bottom were
exactly like the mobil-1 filters (same codes and all).... I'm not suprised
at all...this is happening all too much with the brand name filters.

And after 170,000 miles, I honestly believe it doesnt matter. I usually
just buy whatever filter is easiest to get....If I buy oil at AZ, I get a
bosch, if I buy oil at NAPA, I buy a NAPA Gold....

Oh, on a side note, you can switch back to dino oil from synthetic...I
started using NAPA 99 cent/qt oil about 9,000 miles ago, and haven't had any
problems whatsoever, or any performance loss. I just got tired of paying
the $5 a quart for syntthetic... I'm still changing the oil at 3000 miles,
and I couldnt be happier.

Gary Hedlin
President
Hedlin Web Designs
http://www.hedlin.net

Gary's Wisdom- #27

-You know the world is comming to an end when wrestlers and body builders
run entire states.....What's next, is Bush sending Sgt. Slaughter in to get
Osama??