Oil filters; $2 Generic vs $10 Premium

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 10:54:55 EST

I just cut open a WallyWorld "supertech" brand oil filter last night. I
f'd up and bought 2 different filters for the X-g-f's car, and rather
than drive all the way back out there for a $2 refund, I decded to open
it up and look at it... and it's JUST like the mobil 1 I cut open a few
months ago. Same contents, same base, same guts, even the same marks.
I'll post pictures when I get a chance...
Oh, and just to be clear, I believe the Mobil1 oil filter to be the
highest quality filter that is widely available today. I am not saying
the M1 filter has generic guts, I am saying the WallyWorld filter is a
Mobil1 with different paint... Anybody wanna donate a K&N for
comparison? (they just shut down the only place I could get them
locally, so now if I want a K&N I have to mail order it.....