RE: RE: Oil filters; $2 Generic vs $10 Premium

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 07:29:31 EST

Look at it this way....pay the little money for a generic, pay a lot for a
"big name", or just pay the $6-$7 for a Mopar filter that's actually made
for our engines (yes...it's actually different inside than the standard
filters). We tore apart five different filters at the dealership (Fram,
WIX, NAPA, STP, and Mopar). The Fram has holes in the top (don't know why
but the oil can go through it - not filtered)...the WIX also has a hole in
the top, and the STP and NAPA filters use a very coarse material (and flimsy
too). The Mopar is a very heavy duty filter with a heavy duty
anti-drainback valve....definitely a higher quality filter.

- Bernd