More on diesel

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 12:08:44 EST

Okay, I did a little more looking on the 2.8L diesel that's coming to the
Liberty. They currently sell them in Europe, so I checked the German site
and found the specs (translated as only a computer can):

<http://makeashorterlink.com/?P39013B76>http://makeashorterlink.com/?P39013B76
(they call the KJ "Cherokee"... that's just wrong)

Looks like the 2.8L in Germany makes 150 HP and 265 lb-ft of torque. Lower
power rating, but higher torque than the 3.7L gas engine that we get in
North America. I would assume that the specs won't change too much when
they bring it across the pond.

Why do I care? I'm hoping that they'll put a diesel in the Dakotas if
their experiment with the Liberty is a success. Hopefully something larger
than 2.8L, although I'm not holding my breath for the 5.9L Cummins.

Didn't you read the disclaimer?  http://www.they.com/disclaimer