Re: Diesel

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 11:45:10 EST

Anyone heard anything about clean diesel fuel coming to North
America? (I'm copying this question from the end of my post to the top so
people will actually read it :-)

At 09:17 AM 11/8/2003, John wrote:

>BTW, DC already has the hint. They are installing this engine in Brazil Daks
>right now.

Do you have some information that I don't? I did some quick searching, and
I get the impression that they quit building the diesels for the Brazilian
Daks when they got assimilated by Daimler. From what I've seen, it was a
2.5L diesel, offered more for fuel economy than anything. I'd love to get
a 3.9L Cummins in a Dak. I wonder what would be involved in swapping one
in to my '95... (probably a lot more money than I'm willing to spend :-)

Speaking of diesel, there's an article in "Strada" magazine (basically just
ads from Chrysler Canada, but hey, it's free) about the diesel they're
planing on putting in to the Liberty. It's nothing spectacular... 2.8L
common-rail turbo, no other specs given in the magazine. On the net I've
seen the torque quoted between 235 and 266 lb-ft, depending on who you
listen to.

The interesting thing was that it mentioned that Canada will start using
Euro-spec clean diesel fuel in 2006. Anyone know more about this? Is the
US planning to do something similar? I certainly hope so... maybe my dad
will finally shut up about all the smelly diesel trucks on the
road. (Although I doubt it... he won't accept that diesels have made any
technological advances since the 60's when he decided to start hating them.)

Didn't you read the disclaimer?  http://www.they.com/disclaimer