re: Silver Stars

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 22:06:12 EST

(SNIP) Has anyone used the Sylvania Silver Star bulbs yet? I see them
advertised
like mad on Speed and during races and stuff. I'm just wondering if they
are really any better than using something like Cool Blue bulbs that are $5
cheaper.

Thanks,

Jerod(SNIP)

I just recently changed out my factory bulbs for Silverstars, in the
Ram... While they dont seem brighter than stock bulbs - being that have
the same wattage... they do seem to have whiter light. I did not like
the cool blue bulbs - guy I work with has them in his Chevy and while
they are higher output bulbs - I found the blue tint distracting.

I cant say yet if I will continue using Silverstars... a comparison
between regular and silverstar bulbs would be a good idea. Considering
the Ram has 4 bulb quad headlamps with the sport package... the cost was
a higher.

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/