Re: 6X9 Mirrors

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 22:59:42 EST

Garret Lewis wrote:
> Well, I was disappointed when I went to upgrade my 5x7 mirrors to power 6x9
> mirrors. The mirrors I got and the joystick all work ok. It is there must
> be a short or bad connection in the wiring harness that goes to the
> passenger's side because I don't have any power over there; so, the mirror
> doesn't work. One of those things that was probably messed up from day 1,
> but since I never had power mirrors on the truck nobody ever knew.
>
> With that said, that brings me to my question. Did they make non-powered
> 6x9 mirrors?
>
> Garret
> 1997, 4x4, cc, v8
> http://garretl.tripod.com

6x9s were offered in non power versions - but that was quite a while
ago - on my 89 Dakotas I have 6x9s - the rectangular "Chrome" brite
mirrors. Those wont fit on Gen II Daks however. To the best of my
knowledge - the Gen III Dak and later model Ram mirrors that are 6x9 do
not come non power

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/