Re: RE: RE: RE: Oil filters; $2 Generic vs $10 Premium

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 10:04:33 EST

"Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Whats a filter wrench?

---
> Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine

I know this is late, but THANK YOU Tom! In the entire time I've owned my own car and changed the oil myself (never taken my car in for oilservice) I've used an oil filter wrench maybe 3 or 4 times total. If you don't overtighten the filter when you put it on (it's only 1/4 turn past gasket contact folks), you won't need a wrench to take the thing off. Just grab it and turn it, why get more tools dirty?

-- - Josh Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L www.geocities.com/lenny187/dakota.html