Re: RE: DML Digest V5 #1462

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 11:22:19 EST

On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 01:35 PM, jonathan wrote:

> Yes, just once. Kinda like a poping noise. She said today she noticed
> it
> more now, like even when taking a turn.
>
> What do we do about this? Should it be taken to the dealer? Or is it
> something my dad (a very popular and great mechanic) can fix in a few
> minutes? Why exactly is it doing this...something done done right when
> we
> did the brakes?

certainly could be ball joints, since it's just one pop.

jack up the front of the truck with no weight on the suspension and try
to wiggle the tire around. motion on a verticle axis is the ball
joints, on the horizontal would be tie rod ends.

if that yeilds nothing, my first thought when reading your problem was
to check out your CV joints on that side. these trucks are all four
wheel drive, right? ;-)

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>