Re: Oil Filter Relocation Kits

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 11:19:58 EST

On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 02:12 AM, Gary Hedlin wrote:

> With all the talk about oil filters lately, I've finally decided to
> get a
> relocate kit. Where would be the ideal place to put it??? I was
> thinking
> behind the air dam, but the more I think about it, the more it sounds
> like a
> bad idea with all the small animals I hit.

hey Gary-

without a body lift you can't go the route that Dave Henry did, which
is to stick it on the frame under the passenger door, with a heavy bash
plate protecting the filters. I put mine on a small bracket to raise
it above the steering componants in front of the passenger side motor
mount.
pictures here:
<http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/dml/fest03/albums/mike/>

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech