RE: Header Gasket

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 16:36:48 EST

<snip>

> Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

Yeah, what Bill said.... P4876102. I put on a pair in 1995 and never
touched them again till I changed heads this spring. I did however use ARP
stainless header bolts (had to special order due to the thickness of the
header flange. not very expensive) and they came right out without lubricant
this spring. They only loosened up once in 8 years so it's not a big deal
to put a wrench on the bolts at every oil change just to make sure they're
tight. Though not necessary, I did use a thin bead of copper permatex
sealant around each header tube just to be sure they'd seal.

One thing to note if you take the header off is I found this spring that the
gasket protrudes slightly into the exhaust port. The gaskets are so thick
I had to use a chisel and hammer to trim them but they're not in the way any
more. :-)

RayB