Re: O.T. Something nearly guaranteed to send Jon into orbit

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 17:46:45 EST

I don't think that sort of thing really affects those of us that buy
Dakotas. :)
But, it is a relatively normal business practice employed by builders of
condominiuims. They show you on paper what you will be getting in 6-8
months, ask for a down payment, then when they get something like 40 or 50
percent of the condos sold, they then, and only then break ground and start
to construct the building. Of course continuing on with sales of the
individual condos all along.
But usually they have delays in building etc., and although the promised
date of "delivery" can pass by more than 6 months, you are still not allowed
to get your deposit back...

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....

>It's little wonder that DC is going down hill fast. I just read something
>about out German friends(?) that is enough to make me sick. Apparently they
>are starting production of a new luxury class automobile. While it won't
>wear the familiar 3 pointed star of Mercedes, it is being built by them in
>Germany. Now heres the kicker, you can't go to (and why would you want to
>anyway?) a Mercedes dealer and see the car, test drive etc. You have to
>make an appointment with a dealer who will set you up in a studio and show
>you a video of the car. If, after that, you decide to purchase the vehicle,
>you have to give them a deposit. A rather substantial deposit. Like
>$50,000. They won't start building the car till they have your deposit in
>the bank. Balance due upon delivery, in about 6 months. Total purchase
>price is in excess of $350,000. Check out the Maybach 62 at :
>http://abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/DailyNews/maybach020819.html
>
>I hope Chrysler can get out from under its German influences and get back
>on its own.
>
>Ray Irons
>Dover, DE

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95.