O.T. Something nearly guaranteed to send Jon into orbit

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 11:45:07 EST

It's little wonder that DC is going down hill fast. I just read something
about out German friends(?) that is enough to make me sick. Apparently they
are starting production of a new luxury class automobile. While it won't
wear the familiar 3 pointed star of Mercedes, it is being built by them in
Germany. Now heres the kicker, you can't go to (and why would you want to
anyway?) a Mercedes dealer and see the car, test drive etc. You have to
make an appointment with a dealer who will set you up in a studio and show
you a video of the car. If, after that, you decide to purchase the vehicle,
you have to give them a deposit. A rather substantial deposit. Like
$50,000. They won't start building the car till they have your deposit in
the bank. Balance due upon delivery, in about 6 months. Total purchase
price is in excess of $350,000. Check out the Maybach 62 at :
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/DailyNews/maybach020819.html

I hope Chrysler can get out from under its German influences and get back
on its own.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE